Around and around I go
Never in the same place twice
My life I must forgo
For it comes at too high a price
My parents do not see me
They see who they want me to be
No matter what I do
I’m not good enough for you
Now it is night
And I wander without light
Though people say its day
They are nothing but prey
Truths not spoken
The lies are now broken
I watch the humble bow
Take something that was not his now
The heat that fills me
Nearly kills me
For they do not know
How they are killing his show
Sadness, anger, hurt and pain,
Swirling though my brain
Hiding in from our lies
You lie in the rye
Now we must play
So I can show you the way
The game of catcher and the rye
Monday, August 8, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hey Kelly, Simon HERE!!! I just wanted to say that I LOVE your poem! It's awesome to hear your work and I hope you will post more! LOV3S!!!
Post a Comment