Tuesday, July 15, 2008

From Britt

Subject/Predicate Exercise: The lawyer ran across the highway during rush hour with a blindfold on.

"There is no way I will ever agree to that!" Screamed Mrs. Grayson as she stormed out the door. She and her almost ex-husband wre attempting to settle their divorce with Lawyer Kefner. Mr. Kefner was running short on patience with the Grayson after days and days of negotiation with no end in sight. "I give up! What am I supposed to do if you two aren't going to cooperate?" He said. The next morning, the couple arrived very worn and tired from obvious arguments. They spent another session without getting anything done. However, both of the upset parties agreed that Mr. Kefner had been no help. They left his office with their files and drove to the highway. It was about five or six o'clock and the highway was packed. But before they left his office, they forced him into the backseat and blindfolded him. The couple worked together for the first time in months and threw the files across the highway as well as pushing Mr. Kefner out of the car. The lawyer frantically ran across that highway with his blindfold on to get the files. The couple was able to reunited and bond in their mutual enjoyment of taunting the lawyer.


The World is Calling

Don't cry, baby girl,
The world's in front of you.
So much to see,
Don't close your eyes.
Don't hide.
Open up,
The world is calling.


Girl
Break my heart.
Just do it.
You know that will make you happy.
I'm just a girl.
Only a girl.


Torn to Pieces
I miss you more than anything.
When you left, you took a part of me.
I'm not the same and I never will be.
I want you to come back.
I know you can't.
You are better off.
I'm just torn,
Torn to pieces.


Gone

I'm in pain.
I've been destroyed.
What happened to the little girl who was always smiling?
She is gone.
I am gone.
I don't belong here.
Why can't I disappear?


Untitled
Broken soul
Lying alone
Abandoned by a heartless body
No love
No comfort
Just broken

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Makes me happy to see one of our workshops resurface. You did a good job with it.

Anonymous said...

Thanks! (:

Anonymous said...

wows pix i love your writing!!!

Anonymous said...

aw thanks brynn :)
(slash giggles)