Tuesday, July 15, 2008

From Rebecca

A Friend

A friend gives you a shoulder to lean on
Especially when you really need one
A friend is close to you, like a sister or brother
They share all their thoughts and feeling with eachother
When you're nervous, a friend will encourage you
A friend won't like, they'll tell you what is true
If you lose your pencil, a friend lends you theirs
Friends are always together, they travel as a pair
When you're in trouble, a friend will help you out
A friend will reassure you when you are in doubt
When you have fallen, a friend will help you off the ground
When you are lost, that's when a friend is truly found


Too Late

One minute you here
The next, you are gone
Doesn't anyone see my tears?
Don't you notice something's wrong?
Things used to be rightWe were really close
Now no more talking 'till midnight
There are things you still don't know
Do you know how much I smiled
When I even heard your name?
But I can't keep acting like a child
Life's not some silly game
Now you have a girl
I don't know how you didn't see
I can feel our connection starting to unfurl
And it's too late for you and me

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

omg freckles these are great poems u should write more i misssss u so much!!!!!!!! i wuv u
giggles
(Brynny)